Thank you so much for your interest in exhibiting your artwork at the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum. We have several ways for artists to exhibit with us listed below. You can also download our Things to Know When Exhibiting Artwork which includes information on writing artist statements, framing, hanging, packing, and photographing your art.
1) Gadsden Arts Center & Museum Artists Guild: This $150/year membership includes: a Family membership to the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum, an opportunity to exhibit artwork in 2 Guild exhibitions in the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum's Bates Community Room Gallery, an opportunity to exhibit in a satellite space, a reduced commissioned fee on art sales, and a chance to participate in any educational critiques or presentations we offer.
Click here to learn more.
2) Jean Gard Fletcher Museum Shop: The Museum Shop is dedicated to displaying original work and reproductions by local artists and artisans with the hope that the visitor will find items which reflect the culture and heritage of the area to take away with them. Art books, exhibition catalogues, jewelry and items for children are also for sale. Artists must be a member of the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum at some level and the Museum takes a 40% commission on sales. Contact our Museum Shop Manager Becky Reep on Saturdays: 850.627.5023. Download the Museum Shop Consignor Application and the Things to Know when applying to the shop.
3) Annual Art in Gadsden: Regional Exhibition of Fine Art: Artists living within 200 miles of Quincy, Florida, or former Gadsden County residents, are invited to apply to participate in the annual Art in Gadsden: a regional exhibition of fine art at the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum. This exhibition draws visitors and patrons from across the region each year, showcasing art from over 50 selected artists. New and returning, established and emerging artists are welcome to apply. The deadline to apply for the 2019 Art in Gadsden will be made available in early February 2019. To be added to the artists' list for future exhibitions, contact Curator Angie Barry, 850.627.5021.
4) Apply to exhibit in the 1st floor gallery spaces: The Gadsden Arts Center & Museum invites artists and/or groups to apply to exhibit in its 1st floor exhibition spaces. All artists or institutions wishing to exhibit must submit the Exhibition Proposal Form which requires at least 10-20 quality images as examples of the work to be included in an exhibition, a biographical sketch, and a resume including a list of past exhibits, awards, collections, and bibliography. Artists are encouraged to exhibit a new body of work. Proposals may be submitted at any time either by mail, email or in person, but ALL parts of the proposal must be included.
Complete proposals are reviewed by the Exhibition Committee every 3 months. Artists are asked to not inquire about the status of an application. Notifications will be sent to artists/groups as soon as decisions are made. Exhibitions are scheduled 24-36 months in advance. The Exhibition Committee will not accept applications from artists who have exhibited at the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum within 5 years, unless it is a new body of work. For all major exhibitions (group exhibitions and Art in Gadsden excluded), artists agree to not have a large/solo exhibition of the same work anywhere within 200 miles of the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum within 3 years preceding their exhibition at Gadsden Arts. Exhibitions are generally open for 11 weeks but that time may vary. Please note, no shipping, transportation, housing, materials allowance, or honorariums are provided to the artist/ender unless otherwise specified on the exhibition acceptance letter. Exhibiting artists are responsible for shipping/delivery and pick up of artwork or must arrange for, and cover, shipping costs. Click here to download the application.
5) Munroe Family Community Gallery: This gallery features regional artists in our community working in all media and levels. Artists and artist groups can sign up for 2 month exhibition slots. The space is designed to be a learning opportunity for artists, with the opportunity to work directly with Gadsden Arts Center & Museum staff to learn about preparing artwork for exhibition, installing, lighting, and labeling. Download more information about the Munroe Family Community Gallery and the Exhibition Application here.
Curator Angie Barry by email or 850.627.5021.
Help us bring the magic of art to our community!
Copyright 2018, Gadsden Arts, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All images of artwork are the sole property of the artist or the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum, and may not be reproduced or distributed without written permission.