Summer Art Camp Instructor
Contract Position: 6-week commitment preferred (1-6 weeks available)
Schedule: June 13 - July 1, July 11 - 29, Monday-Friday from 8:30am–12:30pm
Weekly Pay $300
Gadsden Arts seeks a versatile, creative thinker who is interested in creating a FUN learning environment while exposing campers to a variety of art mediums and art styles. The ideal candidate has experience teaching art to children and is interested in creating a welcoming and flexible learning environment for young artists of all backgrounds and skill levels. Our campers range from skilled artists who love art, to campers who are just starting their creative journey and are ready to learn the basics.
Design and teach summer art camp lessons that give children the opportunity to express themselves creatively, including 2-4 art activities per half-day session, inspired by each week’s theme. Instructors will:
- Expose students to a variety of mediums and techniques while incorporating the Principles of Art and Elements of Design, over the course of the summer.
- Integrate discussions of artworks in the museum into lessons where able
- Plan group projects and collaborative lessons with other camp instructors such as a mural, art exhibition projects, or other interactive activities.
- Provide brief lesson outlines and supply requests to Museum Educator by June 1.
- Supervise classroom aides (adult and teen volunteers), assign volunteers setup and cleanup duties, and make expectations for daily assistance clear
- Maintain discipline and rules with a class of up to 16 campers + 2 aides
- Maintain studio cleanliness and safety. Ensure that all campers and volunteers are treating the studio, equipment, and one other with respect.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and sample lesson plan to the Museum Educator, Sarah Black-Sadler; email@example.com.